GOOD LOOKING CHAP.

GOOD LOOKING CHAP.
With a nice bag of carp.

Saturday 15 May 2010

DAVE'S RESULTS FROM SPAIN.

MAGGOTS END.

RODS AND REELS.

This weeks match was the fourth in the summer Championship series. (9 matches with the best
6 results counting). The match was held on Rio Segura at Murcia. The river did'nt fish to its
potential on the day, due to a strong downstream wind, making fishing the pole very difficult.
In saying that all anglers caught. If you remember I lost my top 2 section here a fortnight
ago, and I did want to retrieve it. Stuart from the club, brought on the day a pair of chest
waders, so that after the match I thought I could wade out,and with a rake try to retrieve the
top section. Firstly the waders were a size 8, I take a size 9, and after somehow
managing to get them on with my toes near my ankles, decided to enter the river. The pole
section is some 13 metres out, and after getting out about 6-7 metres, and finding myself
slowly getting deeper in silt, common sense prevailed, and I managed just to get back out.
Don't try this at home. Anyway, the positive from this is do not fish with any heavy weights,
either float or feeder on the bottom as it will always sink into the silt very quickly. The
silt must be 9 inches + thick.

TOP RODS ON THE DAY.

1ST. HAROLD(H)CLARKE FISHING THE POLE USING CORN WITH 22.300 KILO'S.
2ND. LENNY(EX CULTURAL ATTACHEE)BOLTON FISHING THE POLE USING BREAD WITH 21.56 KILO'S.
3RD. DAVE(YOURS TRULY)HOARE FISHING THE POLE USING BREAD WITH 13.84 KILO'S.

TIGHT LINES

DAVE HOARE.

Well done Dave for third. Shame you could'nt get your top section back, a photo of you trying would
have been good. he he. Thanks for your results mate,  will hear from you later in the week.

As for myself,  fishing tomorrow at mythe pool, so got to sort out my kit today. That should be fun.
Got to clear out my van, and reorganise everything, as i'm picking up Lewis tomorrow. Thats the
problem when you only have a small van. But can't complain, i know what its like having no transport
for a couple of weeks. I will let you know how i get on later, so for now you all have a good weekends
fishing (except the one's i'm fishing against he he). Keep the rods bent, see you soon STEVE.

No comments: