GOOD LOOKING CHAP.

GOOD LOOKING CHAP.
With a nice bag of carp.

Friday 9 April 2010

DAVE HOARES FISHING RESULTS.

MAGGOTS END.

RODS, AND REELS.

The match this week was the last in the winter championship.
This has been a series of 11 matches with the best 8 to count.
The river was flowing through nicely, and the day was nice, and warm.
However, for me i had a nightmare. In the first three hours i caught
5 terrapins with an estimated weight of 15 Kilo's (30lb+). If it had
been a terrapin only match, i would have walked it!!!!!.
Then to add insult to injury at 3 oclock with 30 minutes to go, i
started to catch some fish.I hooked into a good fish which took me to
the reeds, and on pulling my pole it parted company in the 6th section.

Pete Kerr next to me quickly cast his feeder rod over the sections slowly
moving to the far bank. This was to no avail, so very kindly, Pete drove
me round to the other side of the river, and i managed to cut the line to
free the pole. Again another kind angler Derek Swann, stopped fishing, and
came up, cast his feeder rod over the pole, and managed to bring it to
safety. That was 3.30pm, and my match was over. Everybody else had a nice
day.

TOP ANGLERS ON THE DAY.

1st. Bill(the master)Reade fishing the pole using maggot with 10.98 Kilo's.
2nd. Paul(poco loco)Baxter fishing the pole using maggot with 7.96 Kilo's.
3rd. Mick(the arsenal)Hill fishing the pole using corn with 5.26 Kilo's.

The only good thing of the day for me was (only just) winning the winter
championship.

OVERALL POINTS WITH THE 3 WORST MATCH RESULTS TAKEN OFF.

1st. Dave Hoare with 32 points.
2nd. Paul Baxter with 33 points.
3rd. Bill Reade with 45 points.

Again this week the club has been down to the floaded areas where there
are fish stuck in the drying out fields, and have rescued another 50 odd.
This brings the overall amount to around 250.

This is a picture of the renovated Sweetwater, as can be seen, the banks
are at an angle of circa 45 degrees, and when the workers have finished
then maybe some swims can be cut in.


Comfortable looking banks aint they. he he.

TIGHT LINES.

DAVE HOARE.

Congratulations Dave for winning the series mate. At last a writer has won
something. I'm afraid this writer is bottom but one of our winter series.
Never mind at least one of us came good. Fair play to you mate 15 kilo's
of terrapins, that would do me at the moment. I would even struggle
catching a cold at the moment. Well done for saving all those fish
as well mate. You could'nt put them in my keepnet for my next match
could you he he. But saying that with my luck lately, i would know doubt
have an hole in the bottom of my net?. Thanks again for your reports
Dave, keep them coming buddy. Well, as for me this weekend, i have got
no match on, can't even go pleasure fishing, because my van is still
in a coma. So looks like a shite weekend in front of the telly (sob).

Thanks all for reading my Blog, you all have a good rod bending weekend,
and try not to think about me stuck in front of the box watching crap,
as per usual with our programs we get on our telly's. Once again cheers
all, and thanks. All the best steve.

No comments: